Cause programs provide opportunities for recreation, relaxation and resiliency for wounded, ill, and injured members of the U.S. Armed Services and those supporting their recovery.
To recover physically and emotionally, wounded warriors need more than medical care alone. They need engaging social interaction, pleasurable activities designed to combat isolation and depression, and tangible expressions of appreciation and support from a grateful nation. Cause steps in to provide that support to wounded servicemen and women, their families and their caregivers.
We have four main programs:
- Massage, Reiki, and Reflexology
- Cause Digital Entertainment Libraries
- Hospital Game Carts
- Special Events
Since 2003, Cause has:
- Touched the lives of our country's military wounded and their families over 363,000 different times.
- Lent over 349,100 FREE movies and video games through the Cause Digital Entertainment Libraries (C-DELs).
- Provided over 10,700 massage, Reiki, and reflexology treatments to ease the pain and suffering of warriors and their families who are suffering from PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury, and other injuries. In 2014, our treatments resulted in an average 46% decrease in stress and 37% decrease in pain. 94% of participants also reported an increase in sleep quality and duration.
Organizations, groups, businesses, churches and schools have all pitched in to make Cause programs a success. If you would like to volunteer for any of our programs, click on "How to Help" at the top of the page.