2021 Gala Save The Date
Mark your calendar for Wednesday, November 10th, 2021 at the Army Navy Country Club in Arlington, Virginia!
2020 Veterans Day Gala Highlights
In November, we celebrated our first Virtual Veterans Day Gala!
2020 brought many new and unforeseen challenges to many across the world. As a result, we were provided the opportunity to try something new and different. For the first time, our annual Veterans Day Benefit Gala was held virtually. Despite the change of venue, we celebrated a very special evening with speakers, presentations, and the silent auction. A few highlights of the evening:
- Our very own John Caldwell, President of the Cause Board of Directors, recapped the year and the history-to-date of Cause activities.
- Dr. Jennifer London spoke as the 2020 Honorary Gala Chairwoman in support of our veterans and service members.
- Dr. Jack London spoke as the 2020 Gala Presenting Sponsor, Executive Chairman & Chairman of the Board of CACI, and founding board member of Cause, explaining the Cause programs and the services provided to our recovering warriors.
- Emcee Jennifer Griffin and her daughter, Annalise Myre, shared their experiences with the military and volunteering with Cause at Walter Reed.
- Wounded Warrior Guest Speaker Colonel Gregory D Gadson, USA (retired) and his wife Kimberly Gadson, gave a rousing speech about their own experiences after he lost both legs and functional use of one arm from injuries sustained in Iraq. They were introduced to Cause during Col. Gadson's recovery at Walter Reed. They credit Cause and other veterans service organizations with keeping their family together through the challenges that followed his injury in service.
- The Dr. Jennifer and Dr. Jack London Medal for Distinguished Service was posthumously awarded to musician and philanthropist Charlie Daniels for his passionate support of veterans and the military with college assistance, musical shows, guitar giveaways, and creation of the Journey Home Project, recognizing the needs of our returning veterans as they transition from military service to civilian life.
- Over the course of the event, over $115,000 was raised from donations, corporate sponsors, ticket sales, and the silent auction in support of our wounded, ill, and recovering service members and their caregivers
Thank you to all our sponsors, donors, and volunteers for making this night so successful.
Interested in Corporate Sponsorship?
Please call or email for more information: email@example.com or (703) 591-4965.